Experiences with Mission Australia Early Learning Centres

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kapow

Experiences with Mission Australia Early Learning Centres

Post by kapow » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi all,

I am about to embark on my final work placement for my diploma in ECEC and was hoping to find out what people thought of mission Australia early learning centres.

Also, do they regularly take on trainee's? This seems like a random question however I am studying through oten and it seems that all the centres in the area I am looking in don't take students from other tafes etc. as it is "to hard" for assessment reasons, which I can understand. I just cant bare another rejection right now and was looking for a heads up re. the company and their stance on trainees and students (I also understand that each centre would be different).

Thanks in advance - Kim

Lorina

Re: Experiences with Mission Australia Early Learning Centres

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:23 am

Hi Kim,

I haven't had experiences with Mission Australia ELC so I can't really comment on how good they are. In regards to centres not taking on other students, they may have a tie up with a particular TAFE/course provider so that particular course providers will recommend those centres to their students... Taking on a student is a lot of work and the centre has to be supportive and mentor the student... Just make sure you take notes throughout your placement and have fun with it!

:geek:,
Lorina