240 Hours of Industry Placement

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Raman Malik

240 Hours of Industry Placement

Post by Raman Malik » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi there
I have worked in Early Childhood and Education care Industry as child care worker to Director Level during 2007-2012 as a casual worker,and now pursuing Diploma in Early Childhood.
Just wanted to know about the 240 hours of Industry placement ,even if I have past experience of 5 years, and I am still teaching at Pre Schools off and on as a casual qualified teacher.
Do I have to gain 240 hours of Industry Placement and experience in a child care ??????
Not sure what the Department of Education ACT guidelines are about the prac.

Any information regarding this will ne highly appreciated.
Regards

Lorina

Re: 240 Hours of Industry Placement

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm

It seems like you have more than enough experience! However, during work placement it's not just about learning the ropes it's about completing assignments and tasks while you're there. Even though, you do seem to have more than enough experience! I would suggest that you could maybe do RPL (recognition of prior learning) for most of your Diploma units since you have had over 5 years working experience in the industry.

Here is some more information on this:

Gaining RPL

You will have to provide a collection of evidence though to show but I think it's worth it, if you already have had previous experiences.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: 240 Hours of Industry Placement

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Also regarding work placement, I think you should have a chat with your RTO and see what they say about it...

:geek:,
Lorina