Writing A Non Judgemental Report For Child Abuse

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Marika27
Participator
Participator

Writing A Non Judgemental Report For Child Abuse

Post by Marika27 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Hello I'm wondering if someone can help me with this question

You see signs of abuse of a child in your care how to write a non judgemental report?
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

megs_95
Helper
Helper

Re: Child abuse question in diploma

Post by megs_95 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:01 am

To be non-judgemental in your report, you'd be avoiding using emotive, accusing language and instead stating the facts that you see. So for example instead of "It looks like (child's) parents have slapped her" you'd write something like "(Child) has come to care with redness and bruising on her cheek on (date), (date), and (date)". The report should be factual and include any relevant information or observations, without it becoming emotional (even though you would probably be worried, upset, angry, scared, any number of emotions) - it's been explained to me as "the person reading this shouldn't be able to tell whether you're angry, upset, etc".

Marika27
Participator
Participator

Re: Writing A Non Judgemental Report For Child Abuse

Post by Marika27 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:05 pm

thankyou :)