Working With Children Check In Perth

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Emmzz

Working With Children Check In Perth

Post by Emmzz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi all I'm a stay at home mum wanting to get a job in Childcare. I have cert3 which I did through tafe before having my two boys and my working with children check has well and truley expired. So many jobs advertised say that you need to have a wwc? I can't get one without a signature from my employer right? Should I still apply for jobs that say having a wwc is essential and mention in my cover letter that mines expired due to being a stay at home mum and that ild need assistance with getting the wwc? Is there anyway I can get one without having a job already? I got my previous wwc through tafe.

Lorina

Re: Working With Children Check In Perth

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 am

Hi There,

Welcome back to the industry! So, a few things have changed in regards to the working with children;s check. Previously, you provide your details to your employer and they do it for you, now you have to get it done yourself. You can pick up an application and submit it from AusPost itself as long as you provde 100 points of ID. Here is some more information for you:

Applying For WWC

In regards to your cert 3, that has also changed... You will need to check if your cert 3 is "approved" by ACECQA, then you could use this as your qualification to look for work, if not then you may need to renew this as well...

Qualifications Checker

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 am

You will need to have a valid working with children's check to be able to work in childcare so it's best to get this done asap!

Lorina

Nadia_7

Post by Nadia_7 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi, Everyone :)

Does anyone have WWCC of WA?
I am working as a casual staff in Sydney. I will move to Perth next year and I am looking for a job there. I check the link above and it seems that I need to fill in the section which says "If you are not self-employed then your employer, volunteer organisation or education provider’s authorised representative completes Parts 5 and 6 of the form and signs the ‘Employer, volunteer organisation or education provider declaration’ "
https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au/d ... icants.pdf

Does it mean that I need to get an employer to sigh my application form?
Most ads require me to hold valid WWCC so how do you get WWCC if you haven't got an employer yet?

Hope anyone can give me a help.
Thanks.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:58 am

Yes, it seems like this needs to be filled in...

Here is some further information:

Application Process

You may just have to contact them directly to find out just for sure what you need to do...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:01 am

Scrap that info I added above... I just found this:
If you are applying for jobs which involve child-related work you can only apply for a WWC Check only once you have been successful in gaining the position. You should apply before you start your child-related work.

Your employer, volunteer organisation or education provider representative will sign your WWC Check application form.

So, this means that if you get a position, you will need to apply before you start at the centre and they will fill in the details of the form...

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 am

I'm adding the list of FAQ's which may give you more information:

WWCC - WA- FAQS

Lorina

Nadia_7

Post by Nadia_7 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:50 am

Hi, Lorina.

Thank you very much for your help. So it seems that I can apply for WWCC after I get a position.
That's a bit complicated because most of ads require me to hold current WWCC but I need a position before I apply for it...

Anyway, I will apply for some centres and negotiate with them about my WWCC.
I'll share information here if I go through this issue :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Great to hear you got it confirmed!

A little confusing... I don't think it should be an issue though!

Good Luck with your job hunting!! :thumbup:

Lorina