Working In Australia With A Childcare Qualification From UK

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jessica_forster

Working In Australia With A Childcare Qualification From UK

Post by jessica_forster » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:48 am

Hi all

My names Jessica, I am currently living in the uk.

I will try to keep this short, I was originally going to come over to Australia on a working visa as I didn't know where to go career wise. That regrettably has been put on hold because I wanted to sort out my career path first. I am currently doing my level 2 childcare here in England on an apprenticeship. It is now killing me that I may have to put off Australia for maybe 2 years if not more until I have completed my level 3.

What is the best if there is any way at all to come over to Australia and complete my level 3 whilst in Australia?

I have hope that I will reside in Australia one day And that was my main reason for coming onto a working holiday visa before I found the career path I wanted to go down to get a taste of Aussie life.

Can I work in Australia in a childcare setting with a level 2 childcare done in England and study for my level 3 whilst there?

I know there is an level 3 course that can be done online with placement in a childcare setting. Could I do that course and undertake placement whilst earning with a side job?

Or can I become an au pair and study my level 3 online?

Do childcare centres sponsor people from the uk to work in a childcare setting at my level?

My preferred way would be to to gain my level 3 qualification whilst working in a childcare setting if that can be done but I am open to any possibilities of coming to Australia and being able to carry on with my studies.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me!
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Working In Australia With A Childcare Qualification From UK

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:32 am

Hi Jessica,

I think for your question it's best to contact ACECQA (Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority). They deal with everything related to early childhood from regulations to assessments of qualifications etc. I did have a quick look at the approved qualification list, I'm not 100% sure but your level 3 qualification may be eligible in QLD. I'm not really sure though, so it's best to contact them to clarify. I'm giving you the link to the approved qualifications:

Approved Qualifications

In regards to do work placement while earning, it really depend on the individual centre on where you work. Some directors prefer you to maybe come in during your spare time to complete work placement tasks since it's different from your actual job role. Other directors don't mind you doing work placement tasks while at work. So, it really depends.... AS a student doing work placement you are not paid to do so, that's why some directors prefer you to do it in your own time, even though you still use the centre where you work to complete it.

As for getting a sponsorship I think it's very difficult. Especially in early childhood. So it's probably best to complete your qualification either here in OZ or in UK and then getting a job if possible.

I'm sorry I'm not much help as I'm not familiar with the rules and regulations of working or study visas. So, I really can't advise you on this.

Since you're currently completing a level 2 in childcare I suggest you contact ACECQA and find out if you're able to work with this qualification. If you are then maybe you can come here to work and study depending on your visa... Here are ACECQA details for you to contact:

ACECQA Contact Details

I'm sorry If I haven't been much help,

I really hope you're able to come here and fulfill your dream of living and working here in OZ!

:geek:,
Lorina

jessica_forster

Re: Working In Australia With A Childcare Qualification From UK

Post by jessica_forster » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:58 am

Hi Lorna

Thank you for a reply.

I have contacted ACECQA

Thank you for your help

Regards
Jessica