Wages For Newly Qualified Diploma Educator

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
harshitha

Wages For Newly Qualified Diploma Educator

Post by harshitha » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am confused about understanding childcare qualification levels.I have a new staff member who finished her diploma in children services in December and going to work with us from September .So what level her qualification comes?is it level 4 or 4A?

Thank you,

Lorina

Re: Wages For Newly Qualified Diploma Educator

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:10 pm

From September the Diploma educator will start on Level 4.1... Since she had completed her Diploma last December from December onwards she will move onto Level 4.1. You can work out her increase of wage from when she had received her Diploma qualification. So, basically she starts at 4.1 and then in December moves onto 4.2 since she had her Diploma for a year...

Hope this makes sense!

:geek:,
Lorina

harshitha

Post by harshitha » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:16 am

thanks Lorina

Stephanie1

Post by Stephanie1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello I am working at a centre casually whilst studying. I just received my Diploma in the mail and gave them a copy. I received my wages and was still paid the $22 per hour wages. It was one day into the pay fourtnight. Does the $29 start the next pay fourtnight or the day they receive my Diploma? Thankyou