wages for adult studying diploma

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jessii

wages for adult studying diploma

Post by jessii » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:41 pm

so, ive recently been offered a full time position at a local childcare, being in western sydney, that i was attending for work placement. i was so excited and overwhelmed with emotion, that i forgot to inquire about the pay rates.

im 24years old and i currently hold no qualifications but i am in the process of studying for my diploma (CHC50113)
ive just completed the first half of it and im about to begin the second half. i have not been asked to sign a trainee contract, as i was already studying through an online provider.

im wondering what the minimum wage may be and where exactly i would fall under on the National Training Wage Schedule according to the Children's Service Award?

Any help would be much appreciated,
thankyou in advance,
Jess

Lorina

Re: wages for adult studying diploma

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Jess,

This doesn't sound like a traineeship it sounds like a full-time job working in a centre. So your wages will come from the Children's Services Award itself. A traineeship is when the centre pays for you to do your qualification. Since you are already doing yours this job position is to begin working as an educator within a centre not a trainee. So, congratulations!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:25 pm

What position did they offer you - assistant educator/room leader?

:geek:,
Lorina

jessii

Post by jessii » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thankyou very much!

They offered me a position as assistant educator, and i'm going to begin on Monday, i cannot describe how excited i am. My new boss, has said that she see's great leadership qualities in me, and would really like to see me become a room leader once ive got the hang of the routine and they way things work at the centre, so i feel like great things could come from this.

Jess