VIT Registration

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

VIT Registration

Post by Rencia » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:36 pm

I would like to ask how is with the VIT registration. Does everyone need to register? I want to work as an assistant educator in a kindergarten when I finish my Diploma. I am not sure how it is with the English test. The Diploma will be the only qualification I have from Oz and I am not sure if I will need to undertake the IELTS test.

I have checked their website and emailed them but still didn't get a clear information.

Lorina

Re: VIT Registration

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:16 am

From what I understand you only need to register if you have completed your Early Childcare Teaching degree. Since you only have a Diploma qualification you are not required to register.
All teachers who are employed or engaged as an early childhood teacher in an education and care service, a Victorian children's service or an early learning centre in a school must be registered with VIT.

If you employ or engage an educator or staff member in a position that does not require them to be a qualified ECT, they are not required to register with us.

Ref: VIT - ECT

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: VIT Registration

Post by Rencia » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:46 am

Thank you Lorina!