use information about children to inform practice

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Anju_355
Participator
Participator

use information about children to inform practice

Post by Anju_355 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Q) describe 4 different methods of gathering and recording information about children ?

my answer is i am not sure is it correct or not

Ans) anecdotal record
running record
an observation checklist
photograph and audio/visual recordings

thanks in advance -)

blissneso
Participator
Participator

Re: use information about children to inform practice

Post by blissneso » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:38 am

This is good.
When you take photographs you can turn it into a "Learning Story" and if you have permission to take videos you can upload it to the learning platform your centre uses such as "Storypark". Not all centres have Storypark though. Running Records are hard to write as they require a play-by-play detailed description of the event that is taking place in real-time but it can be very useful to do occasionally because of the level of detail that you can obtain from this method of observation. Time Sample is a method that i like to use often because you can get a general idea of what the child is doing during the course of the day and then later on you can write up a learning story on significant events that happened during the day combined with a running record of a particularly interesting event.

blissneso
Participator
Participator

Re: use information about children to inform practice

Post by blissneso » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 am

Also, another way you can gather information is through collaborating with the parents, families and other educators as well as any specific health care professionals that have interactions with the child.