Unqualified Relieving Jobs

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
vicharl

Unqualified Relieving Jobs

Post by vicharl » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi I am new to the forum and the country. I have 10 years experience as a Childcare reliever in Auckland, i have no formal qualifications.
I am looking at doing similar work here now,i am in my late forties so feel too old to be starting to study. I am happy to just get casual work,
part time, when and where needed.Not sure where to start, do i need a police check, are there agencies i can join, or shall i just take my CV
to local Childcare Centre's. Any help much appreciated.

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Re: Unqualified Relieving Jobs

Post by niddy71 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 am

Hi,
Unfortunately you can't work in Childcare here without holding or studying at least towards Cert III..
Not sure where in Oz you are I am in QLD and you need a Blue Card to work in CC.. Some might ask for Police Check..

I have just recently started studying my Cert III and I am in my 40's as have got a job in before/after school care and you either need to hold or be studying cert III at least to work there..Even thou I hold my Cert III and IV in Education Support...

OH and welcome to Australia from another Kiwi.....What part of Oz are you living in....

vicharl

Post by vicharl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 am

Hi. I am in Regents Park, Queensland. I have just been looking at the cert 111 in Childcare. Thanks for the info.

kellymm20
Helper
Helper

Post by kellymm20 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:35 am

I started studying the diploma and approached a centre to do my work experience there. After 1 day she asked if i was interested in any casual work and i said yes. Since then she calls me whenever someone is off sick. I already had a blue card (which you will need prior to working).

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Post by niddy71 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 am

All good...

Lots of places to study with...Either Tafe or online...
I am doing mine online with Open Colleges...Units easy to understand...
Here is the link for the blue card...Most places you study with will full in what they need to..
Also it costs as well ...

https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/pdf/for ... cation.pdf

kellymm20
Helper
Helper

Post by kellymm20 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 am

Im doing mine through tafe qld and if you do the diploma there is no upfront cost. However im not sure how this applies to your situation although it gives you another option to look at. Good luck :)