Trial days after interview

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Summer5

Trial days after interview

Post by Summer5 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:57 am

Hi all :)
I had an interview last week and have been asked to do two days as atrial this week. I haven't done this before so want to know from those who have, or supervisors etc. who have had someone in for a trial :)
Will I be expected to do anything like take mat time etc.?
Also I have no idea what to wear! In NZ we could wear shorts, jandles and a top.
Any help greatly appreciated!

Lorina

Re: Trial days after interview

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:45 am

Being asked back for a trial is good. It means that they liked you during the interview and what to see how you work within the centre. Trail days are great because you can "show off" (so to speak), your skills and interactions with the children. Engage with the children, be helpful, offer to do tasks, be courteous, talk to staff etc. I don't think you need to do mat time with the children but basically you will be observed throughout the day by the room leader on how you're doing and basically whether or not your right for the job as well as the centre. No pressure! :giggle:

It's best to wear smart casual. Long black pants (no tights), a nice shirt/polo t shirt, flat enclosed shoes, minimal jewellery, long hair ties back. You want to look professional yet comfortable for work.

Hope you enjoy your trial days and they offer you the job!

:geek:,
L.A