Starting A Traineeship On A Holiday Visa

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
prieto

Starting A Traineeship On A Holiday Visa

Post by prieto » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:37 am

Hi everybody, my name is Nancy, I´m a child Psychologist from Argentina. I am interesting to start a traineeship in Child Care, but i am a work and holidays visa holder , until I can apply for the permanent visa. So, my question is if my status visa is a limitation to start it.
I really want to know my chanses so any advice will be wellcome!! thank you very much!

Lorina

Re: Starting A Traineeship On A Holiday Visa

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

As far as I know you need to be on a permanent visa or a citizen to be able to enrol in a traineeship/qualification course. So, as you said your status visa is already limited. Maybe since you are able to work, you could possibly work in a childcare centre as a casual but this also may not be possible since you have to at least start a qualification to be able to work in a centre. The only other option is possibly contacting a childcare job agency and they will be able to tell you exactly what the requirements are to be able to work as a casual/ start a traineeship with your visa.. Just search "childcare job agency" in Google.

Here is some more info on the traineeship:

Starting A Traineeship

Let me know if you have further questions,

:geek:
Lorina

prieto

Post by prieto » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 am

Hi Lorina! Thank you very much to answer so quickly my question! I´ll try to find some an agency as you recomend me.

Kind regards,

Nancy Prieto

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Unfortunately you probably will not be permitted to work until you get your PR paperwork started and get a bridging visa or your PR.
Visit/holiday visas are strictly NO WORK, no one will hire you I believe on this visa. When I first went to Australia it was the same, no one would give me any work until I had my bridging visa that permitted me to work legally.

My advice is even if someone offers you work I wouldn't do it as there are penalties for working on a visa that forbids it.