Resigning from casual employment

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
smippy
Helper
Helper

Resigning from casual employment

Post by smippy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:35 pm

I am working in an out of school hours care at a local primary school and would like to know if anyone could give me some advice on how I go about resigning from my job.I am employed on a casual basis.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Samantha.

Lorina

Re: Resigning from casual employment

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:28 am

Hi Samantha,

The following information should help:

Resigning From A Job In EC

Even though this is for EC, the same applies for OOSH as well since it comes from the same award...

:geek:,
Lorina

smippy
Helper
Helper

Post by smippy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi Lorina thank you for your response to my question.In the sample resignation letter that you sent I am presuming that where the job title is I replace that with mine.I am currently employed as a CSE 3.1/3.2.As I am wanting to complete my diploma qualification before looking for another job I cannot add dates for my notice period etc as yet.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes, that right, if you are using the example in the above article, you can just replace the details with your own.

If you are wanting to complete your Diploma qualification before you leave, I suggest that you wait to hand in your resignation letter....

Lorina

Greenkookaburra

Post by Greenkookaburra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi Lorina,

I just wanted to verify about casuals, as as the letter sample you provided talks about a notice period. As a casual, I presume there is no need for a notice period. Is this correct? I ask this, because I have a job interview for a job that will start the day after the interview. If I get it, I will feel terribly uncomfortable about leaving without notice. But that is the nature of the job I am applying for. I'm not really sure how to handle it professionally.

Linda

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi Linda,

That's right as a casual, you can end employment without notice unless notice is required by a registered agreement, award or employment contract.

According to the Children's Services Award, there is no specific provision for casual employees.

Are you working as a casual, during that week at the centre? If not then it shouldn't be an issue letting the service know you won't be working however if you are working then you should be upfront and let them know.

Good Luck with your interview!!

Lorina