Pay wage for a Diploma room leader?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kubi

Pay wage for a Diploma room leader?

Post by kubi » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:09 pm

HI im just a little confused :giggle:
I recently finished my diploma and have no work experience besides my study pracs, i was lucky to find a full time position and have been working as a diploma assistant for 5 months, i have been given the lucky opportunity to be my rooms leader! i currently get paid $23.71 an hour just as an assistant.
Now with this room leader position, does the wage increase or stay the same as what i got as an assistant?

Lorina

Re: Pay wage for a Diploma room leader?

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:43 pm

First off congratulations for the room leader position! That's great!

As for you wage, as a Diploma qualified assistant you are on Level 3.4 and the minimum hourly wage is $23.21 (so you're getting above award).

When you become room Leader, you will be on Level 4.1 and your minimum hourly wage is $24.28 per hour/full time.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:44 pm

The following may also help:

Childcare Wages In Australia

Lorina

kubi

Post by kubi » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Thank you! It's extremely exciting how quick i went from assistant to room leader so fast with no previous experience.

Okay so in regards with the pay, is it something i speak to my director about? From what i know they haven't discussed anything wage related as i have been reluctant to ask with no knowledge.

Thank you :mrgreen:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:02 am

Yes, you just need the first opportunity to be room leader to gain experience and then once you get settled into the role it gets really good!

Regarding your wage , yes speak to your Director about it... I know it can be a hard topic to discuss but it's better to know you're getting the right pay rather than finding out it's wrong then chasing it up...

Lorina