Pay Rate For Room Leader and 2IC

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
clk89522

Pay Rate For Room Leader and 2IC

Post by clk89522 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,
I find the award rate to be so confusing if someone could help me that would be great.
So I have just finished my diploma in 2016 certificate III in 2012.
I have been with my current centre for 2 years now and for the last 6 months I have been appointed 2IC as well as been the room leader for the past 2 years.
My duties include, managing staff, parent enquiries/ complaints, making sure the centre, staff and programs are running smoothly.
I am NOT appointed at the educational leader though.
Could anyone tell me what award rate I should be paid under? My payslip currently just states level 4 childcare worker.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Pay Rate For Room Leader and 2IC

Post by Lorina » Sun May 01, 2016 11:25 am

As 2IC and your Diploma qualification you should be on Level 5.1 (commencement), with a minimum wage of $24.79/per hour full time. Since you are 2IC your wages do increase a little compared to a room leader as you have more responsibilities and your position is higher.
Level 5

This is an employee who has completed an AQF Level V Diploma in Children's Services or equivalent and is appointed as:
•Assistant Director of a service
•A Children's Services coordinator
•A Family Day Care coordinator
•A Family Day Care Trainee Supervisor or
•School Age Care coordinator
•An Assistant Director will also take on the same duties and perform the same tasks as a CSE Level 4.

Ref: Levels For Childcare Wages

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina