Pay Rate For Front Desk Worker In EC

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Reyne93

Pay Rate For Front Desk Worker In EC

Post by Reyne93 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Hey. I have a friend who works in early yrs with me and she is only being payed $20 she works at the front desk does the quikids enrolments and a lot more along the lines of director stuff as the director is more of a manager and doesn't want to do the stuff required ie. quality area folders etc. she has worked with he company for 6yrs I believe she should be getting more. Should she

Lorina

Re: Pay Rate For Front Desk Worker In EC

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Does she have any qualifications?
Does she work with the children at all?

:geek:,
Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Yes she is diploma qualified and does during the morning and day step into rooms to cover

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Could she be considered as "second in charge - 2IC" of the service?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I need to find out as much information I can before I give you an estimated pay rate for your friend...

Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:19 pm

I personally would consider her a second in charge but wether or not the director does I do not know

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Within the Children's Services Award 2010, educators are paid according to a Level. As a Diploma qualified working as a room leader you will start on Level 4.

Level 4 duties include:

Responsible, in consultation with the Assistant Director/Director for the preparation, implementation and evaluation of a developmentally appropriate program for individual children or groups.
Responsible to the Assistant Director/Director for the supervision of students on placement.
Responsible for ensuring a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children.
Responsible for ensuring that records are maintained accurately for each child in their care.
Develop, implement and evaluate daily care routines.
Ensure that the centre or service's policies and procedures are adhered to.
Liaise with families.

For assistant directors (2IC) of the service they are Level 5.

Level 5 Duties include:

Co - ordinate and direct the activities of employees engaged in the implementation and evaluation of developmentally appropriate programs.
Contribute, through the Director, to the development of the centre or service's policies.
Co - ordinate centre or service operations including Occupational Health and Safety, program planning, staff training.
Responsible for the day - to - day management of the centre or service in the temporary absence of the Director and for management and compliance with licensing and all statutory and quality assurance issues.
Generally supervise all employees within the service.

As per the wages, a Level 4 educator start on $24.28 per hour/full time and a Level 5 educator starts on $25.39 per hour/full time. This depends on how long the educator has had their qualification for...

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:53 pm

She undertakes more of the level 5 duties

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:50 pm

So that case her wage could be $25.39 per hour/full time... I would recommend she talks to her Director about her wages and negotiates a higher wage since she is having more responsibilities...

Lorina