Pay Rate For A Cert 3 Room Leader

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Reyne93

Pay Rate For A Cert 3 Room Leader

Post by Reyne93 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi.
I have a Friend who is studying her cert 3 but is doing a group leader role. She is not being payed higher duties or over time which she has done 7hrs of she has been with the service for over a yr but her pay rate is $14 this does not seem correct especially since she is doing a group leader role. Can you please tell me if she should be being payed more and if so what.
Thankyou.

Lorina

Re: Pay Rate For A Cert 3 Room Leader

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi There,

If she is employed as a room leader with a cert 3 qualification she should be paid at Level 4A. Level 4A is an educator whose job position is of a room leader yet doesn't have a Diploma qualification. According to the Children's Services Award the minimum hourly wage is $21.99/per hour.

Has she been a room leader for the year she has been at the service?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:01 pm

I'm sorry for my delayed response... I just got back from Thredbo...

Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:51 pm

She has been at the service for over a yr studying. She has been in full group leader role for a week but on a Friday has been doing group leader duties for a few months she was employed as assistant Br has had to step up to group leader role. And has covered for other lead educators doing the group leader role but not being paid so.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:59 pm

If she has stepped up to the group leader role then her wage needs to reflect this. Does she have anything in writing? Has she spoken to the Director about being paid a different wage as she has now the group leader?

Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:08 pm

She has spoke previously a week of or so ago about her pay rate and higher duties pay. I believe that she tried to speak to the director today. But when approaching director she just says I don't know u need to speak to owner. Who does pays.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Well if the director is insisting that your friend speaks to the owner than that's better... If the owner is not around at the centre try and send them an email or ring them. I would suggest you send them an email because you'll have the response in writing rather than over the phone so there is no misunderstanding!

Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:09 pm

The owner doesn't have email as it all goes to director and the owner gets back on Monday. My friend is kinda shy and the owner is not overly approachable about these things. Can she send and email to the director and address it to director and owner and then get a reply that way.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 pm

If she gets the email done this weekend and sends it by Monday when the owner comes in on Monday she could ask if they have received the email and just chat about it since the issue will be out in the open so to speak...

Lorina

Reyne93

Post by Reyne93 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Ok thankyou so much I'll get her to type one up and send it off

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:25 pm

No problem!

I hope this issue gets sorted out!

I know it's hard to talk about issues especially with wages... It should be fine!

Lorina