Pay rate

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Maxallegs

Pay rate

Post by Maxallegs » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:40 am

Hi Lorina,
I am 45 years old and currently completing my cert III. Could you please give me a guide on how much pay I am likely to get? Is that dependant on qualifications, work experience, age other factors or all of these factors. I will be looking into this further, however, rom your extensive experience, what are your thoughts?
Kind regards
M

megs_95
Helper
Helper

Re: Pay rate

Post by megs_95 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:07 am

Pay rate for a cert III qualified is $19.64 an hour, and after on year goes up to around $20 I think. I think it also goes up again if you become a room leader, to about $22.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi M,

Just verifying what Meg's has said... As a Cert 3 qualified worker your minimum wage will be $19.64/ per hour as a full time worker. So, this means that a centre cannot pay you below $19.64/. However, if you are applying for centres that offer " above award" this means that they will pay more than it stated in the Children's Services Award (wages guide). How much more it really depends on the individual centre.... Also a lot of other factors come into determining your wage such as prior experience, knowledge, the location of the centre, whether they offer allowances etc.

If you are looking to negotiate on prior experience or knowledge it's a good idea to provide evidence to prove your worth (so to speak). So if you can, get samples of your work to show during your interview. Completed curriculum plans, reflections, evaluations, photos of displays you've set up, etc. By showing this it can benefit you and help support your wage negotiation...

As long as the centre is paying you at least $19.64/ then that's the minimum wage you will be expecting....

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Just also wanted to include the following information to help you understand your wages:

Levels For Childcare Wages

Childcare Wages In Australia

Lorina

Maxallegs

Post by Maxallegs » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi Lorina, thank you so much for your help on this, much appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Sam

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:38 am

No worries Sam! Happy to help! :thumbup:

Lorina