Passion drop in career

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
chrissy201307
Participator
Participator

Passion drop in career

Post by chrissy201307 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I v worked as diploma educator for 3 yrs, 1 n half yr full time. Due to the negative culture n overload pressure in my workplace, I used to be very stressed, then quit my full time job, as a team leader position.

i love working with children, however I feel much less passion than when I started in this field, I feel I m distracted bcs of the endless work n responsibilities; the industry trends keeps changing- before u absorb it next change comes; no time hobbies even relax n recharge-everyday home I couldn't stop thinking what s tmw plan, parent complain, ...I have been very down and lack motivation to look for new job!

I believe I wanna balance of work n life, maybe u ll say casual or part time assistant suit me. But how i explain my reason why I apply position under my qualification.. during interview.

I welcome u share anything about my this experience n situation. How Do u see our industry ...

I really need help.

Trax

Re: Passion drop in career

Post by Trax » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:00 pm

i would let them know what you have achieved and why your passion still their. if they ask just explain that you didn't feel supported in the team if you need give them an example it may be a complaint that a parent had and just explain when you went to the support person within your team you felt you had no team support. (example Director, other team members and leaders) which made you feel less important to your role.

Lorina

Re: Passion drop in career

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:58 pm

There are lots of Diploma qualified educators who are assisting in the room rather than being a room leader. Having another Diploma qualified as an assistant helps and supports the team leader as they will be able to complete documentation and share the responsibility with the room leader as well. So, don't think it's below your qualification...

During the interview, you could explain that you would like to find a balance between work and home life as you have spent the last 3 years working full time and you would like to take a step back as a room leader for the time being.

In my opinion I wouldn't go into the problems of your last work, it just doesn't look good so always stay positive!

Sometimes we just need a change! It's a hard industry to work in!

:geek:,
Lorina