Parent inductions

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

Parent inductions

Post by ilovechildren » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi everyone so i was wondering if anyone has done parent inductions before? Im quite nervous as i've never done it before.
Any info will help.
Thank!

Lorina

Re: Parent inductions

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:52 am

So parent inductions are showing parents around the centre... It's best to have a starting point such as the foyer and having an ending point such as the back playground. As you go through each area explain the main things that the parents will need to do or information that is useful for them. For example in the main foyer you could have a parent noticeboard so show them that in their child's room (or interested room) show them where their child puts their bag, the sign in/sign out area, where they can get daily information about their child, the program, etc. As you walk through the room you could briefly describe the routine such as child will participate in indoor activities from this time and they go outside at this time etc. You could also introduce the lead educator for the room as well... When parents ask questions answer them as best as you can and if you don't know an answer you could say something like "my director will give you more information regarding your question". Just remember to ask your director to talk to them about the question you couldn't answer...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

Post by ilovechildren » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks so much again Lorina for the helpful tips. It has been a great help throughout the whole process im very grateful. I will do what you said above :) not feeling so nervous now. Thankyou!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:36 am

No problem! It's going to go really well and once you get the first couple done you will be a pro!

:geek:,
Lorina