Parent Facebook messaging you

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Tickless

Parent Facebook messaging you

Post by Tickless » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi ladies I have a question my friend has being threatened by her boss that if she replays to a Facebook message from a father that their son attends the childcare she would loose her job is that ok or not allowed I don't understand why it is a bad thing, she was speaking to the child about babysitting and the father inboxed her asking would she be available to baby sit the child later on in the year I don't see any wrong doing but I'm just asking what are all your thoughts I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense but I didn't know how to word it. Tiff

Lorina

Re: Parent Facebook messaging you

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:01 pm

I understand that babysitting a child from your centre could cause a conflict of interest. However, even so, your friends Director could go by other means rather than be threatening towards her which is not on! If babysitting is not allowed between educators and families then there should be a centre policy on it, and your friend should be gently reminded of the centre policy... Being threatened is not the way to go!

:geek:,
Lorina

Tickless

Post by Tickless » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you lorina I thought the exact thing she sent me photos of the educator hand book and there was nothing in there about it I just think she is not happy about her taking her customer even if it was during the holidays or somthing.
Tiff

Tickless

Post by Tickless » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you lorina I thought the exact thing she sent me photos of the educator hand book and there was nothing in there about it I just think she is not happy about her taking her customer even if it was during the holidays or somthing.
Tiff

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Even though there are ways to handling issues and this unfortunately was not a good way to go about it...

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 am

Hi Tickless,

The way her boss went about it could have been better but I kind of understand where she is coming from. Being self employed in various businesses for over 30 years things can get very messy very quickly when you do things through different channels. When children and money are concerned it can get really messy really quickly. If anything goes through the centre the family is protected and has avenues if things go wrong and she will also have the protection of the centre, insurance, director and other staff.

Linsaa fdc :wave: