Panadol for ear ache

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
thakshana
Participator
Participator

Panadol for ear ache

Post by thakshana » Tue May 10, 2016 6:14 am

Dear Lorina,

What I have to do, when some parents ask to administer panadol for ear ache, because they can't come and collect the children soon as they work in the city. Sometimes their emergency contacts also not reachable. They don't want their children to be in pain. Our policy to administer panadol is only for fever. what is the right thing to do in this situation. I appreciate your advise

Thank you Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Panadol for ear ache

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue May 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi thakshana,
Each center and FDC scheme have different policies, my new scheme allows the parent to fill in a form in the morning when they arrive if the child might need one dose of panadol to keep them comfortable during the day. Sometimes a child isn't quite sick enough to stay home but might need something to help them through the day. In an ideal world they should stay home but I think we need to be realistic these days because it just doesn't happen. In saying that if a child gets a temp during the day they must go home and we can give them one dose of panadol to buy the family time to get here, the parent must have supplied a bottle with a chemist label on it for their child only, I get every parent to give me a bottle on enrolment that way I am not caught out with a child with a temp of 39.9 and no panadol to give them to get it down and not being able to get hold of the parents.
All the best
Linsaa fdc :wave:

thakshana
Participator
Participator

Re: Panadol for ear ache

Post by thakshana » Wed May 11, 2016 5:07 am

Thank you Linsaa, thanks for your time