Opening A new Childcare centre in victoria

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sonikaundal

Opening A new Childcare centre in victoria

Post by sonikaundal » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi my name is Manny,
I am 35 yrs old and i have cert 3 child care and diploma in children services,and i am planning to open a new childcare centre in south east region of victoria.Where should i start all my paper work and how long does it take to get all the permissions done from the department.,what kind of paperwork i require to fulfil the conditions .
Please HELP
Thanks in advance

Lorina

Re: Opening A new Childcare centre in victoria

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Starting a centre is hard work. There are regulations and laws that need to be followed, standards that need to be maintained, a curriculum framework that needs to implemented and more! It's like every business, it's takes so much work at the beginning but once you get started then the fun really begins!

To get started, you will need to apply for a "provider approval" from ACECQA which authorises you to manage and control a service.

Provider Approval

Once you receive this you will then need to apply for "service approval" which will enable you to operate a centre.

Service Approval

Without these, you will not be able to open a centre. You can have a look at begin applying for it now if you already have the necessary requirement.

I am also going to provide you with some links:

Starting A Childcare Business
Opening A New Service

These articles will also provide you with external links on where to get further information.

Hope this information helps you to gain an understanding of what is required.

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:44 pm

I apologise for my delayed response as I just got back from Thredbo...

Let me know if I can assist you further!

Lorina

babybear62cn

Post by babybear62cn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

just wondering whether there is any min. academic degree requirement in order to set up a childcare? Thanks for the help!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:46 pm

babybear62cn wrote:just wondering whether there is any min. academic degree requirement in order to set up a childcare? Thanks for the help!

No, there isn't as far as I'm aware, although I really encourage you to at least a Diploma qualification so you understand everything involved in working in child care. As an owner you should have some experience and knowledge and I think doing a Diploma will give you this foundation...

Lorina