Opening A Centre - Looking For An Investor

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
litleloazzer

Opening A Centre - Looking For An Investor

Post by litleloazzer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi I have been working in childcare for over 10 years now including lower level management . my husband and I have decided we want to build and run our own centre .I was just wondering if some one could tell me where I start with getting council approval and licensing ect ?
I have already done up our business plan outlining everything. We will need an investor but I do not want to go with a big company like G8 or guardian as I want our centre just to be an amazing stand alone centre not a part of franchise which means will need to also look for a private investor. So my other question is does anyone have any advice on how to start looking for a private investor?
Thanks for you help

Lorina

Re: Opening A Centre - Looking For An Investor

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Great to hear that you have a business plan already! Looks like you're very serious about getting started!!

Since you have had so much experience in childcare already, you will be familiar with the Regulations, Law, National Quality Framework and EYLF etc. that's needed to be maintained in all childcare settings. Which is a great benefit that you have!

You will need to apply for a "provider approval" from ACECQA which authorises you to manage and control a service.

http://www.acecqa.gov.au/provider-approvals

Once you receive this you will then need to apply for "service approval" which will enable you to operate a centre.

http://www.acecqa.gov.au/service-approvals

Without these, you will not be able to open a centre. You can have a look at begin applying for it now if you already have the necessary requirement.

In regards to looking for an investor, I just did a quick search and found the following:
Angel Investors

I have no idea about them but from what I read, you submit your business plan then you basically wait to see if any investors are interested in your ideas and then you take it from there... Have you thought about any family or friends interested in investing in your business?

Since you're starting a new business you may also be able to get funding for the Government but I really don't know, it's just an idea you can look into...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

terencemslim

Post by terencemslim » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi littleloazer,

I would be grateful if you are able to email me the business plan (terencemslim@yahoo.com). I am a private investor looking for a person to build / run a childcare centre. I am based in Victoria.

Cheers,

Terence

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi littleloazer,

Hope things are moving forward for your business!!

:geek:,
Lorina

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Good Luck