Not sure if I'm ready

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
a9898
Participator
Participator

Re: Not sure if I'm ready

Post by a9898 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:53 pm

3rd week almost done ! Omg where has the time gone?! Tafe just started last night so its gonna get full on from here :O

I'm pretty settled with the routine and most if not all the children have warmed up to me :)hehe
I have been in a 2 week observing period which i think is still happening this week too before i can handle food and do more like paperwork...However, I feel like I wont be able to get to where the other educators are in terms of documentations, planning for indoor and outdoor environments, my setups are so basic and simple...and singing im getting there still cant lead a group time myself, will only join in when someone else starts it:$ (only can do stories- but needs more enthusiasm etc). I'm still getting my head around with primary carer role im good with nappies and bedtime sometimes but everything else i kinda just drop everything and do what other educators ask me to do like take children outside and supervise etc. I have introduced myself to most parents that I've met but beside hi how are you? i cant really add much there was one time i mentioned about child's eating arvo tea sometimes he doesnt but he was older child whos not my group...will this improve? haha I know it takes time but some days are just so hectic I'm forgetting things and feel like I'm at square one.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Nice to hear your progress so far!

Great to hear that you're building relationships with the children and parents and you've settled into a routine! That's fantastic! Don't worry too much about being up to where the other educators are... you'll get there. You just focus on what you have to do.... With stories try and do some images with them. Plan the stories for the week and then you can plan the materials you use. Just create your own. For e.g. The Very Hungry Caterpillar - you can get foam/felts and cut out the characters of the story etc. Kids love it!

When talking to parents, try and remember what each child has done and you can mention it to the parents. For example - if joe did play dough you could mention it to his parents while they pick him up.

Sounds like you're having a ball!

Thanks for sharing!

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:12 am

Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have a lot to do and it takes all of us a really long time to get everything that we need to do into a routine.

Linsaa fdc :wave: