KU OR Goodstart - Which One To Choose?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trixstubbs

KU OR Goodstart - Which One To Choose?

Post by trixstubbs » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Hello!

Please help me out. I have been accepted as Casual for both Goodstart Early Learning and KU Children's Services.
I am now deciding which company should I work for. I have actually signed a contract with Goodstart but then it's only Casual so I don't really have legal obligations. I have been to KU's group assessment and it was really good. It was sort of like an induction already.

Do you guys know which company has more centres in Sydney? Anyone here who has worked for both companies?

I would definitely want to work for both if it's possible but I have work restrictions. I'm scared that if I drop one, they will blacklist me and I would never be able to work for their company.

Please help me decide.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kooky28

Re: Which Organisation to Choose?

Post by Kooky28 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Well,
KU have been around for ages and they have always been what most good centres would aspire to be like. If I were you I would stay with them because it is a great starting point for you. Good luck!

Lorina

Re: Which Organisation to Choose?

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:29 am

Go through both of their websites and see which one appeals to you more and where you would possibly like to work in the future as you may get a full time job out of this:

KU Children's Services
GoodStart

Sorry, can't help you out more...

:geek:,
Lorina

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Re: KU OR Goodstart - Which One To Choose?

Post by ilanafritz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:04 am

I would choose Goodstart. I've been working for Goodstart since 2006. It is a very big Organisation.
Regards
Anne

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:20 am

ilanafritz wrote:I would choose Goodstart. I've been working for Goodstart since 2006. It is a very big Organisation.
Regards
Anne
What other positives can you share?

Lorina

trixstubbs

Post by trixstubbs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks guys. I would love to hear more opinions on this, as I am really torn.

Goodstart has a larger organisation from what I have researched, whilst KU is centrally located in NSW.
Both organisations are very appealing indeed.

Also, if I choose one over the other, is there a big chance that if in the long run I decide to move to the other company, they would be turned off and not hire me? I know this is just a Casual Position but I do intend to work full time in the future.

Thanks again :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:16 am

[quote=] Also, if I choose one over the other, is there a big chance that if in the long run I decide to move to the other company, they would be turned off and not hire me? [/quote]

No, I wouldn't worry about this. I mean it's only casual work. I wouldn't worry about it. Usually these organisations have alot of casuals come and go...

Lorina

trixstubbs

Post by trixstubbs » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Lorina wrote:
wrote: Also, if I choose one over the other, is there a big chance that if in the long run I decide to move to the other company, they would be turned off and not hire me?

No, I wouldn't worry about this. I mean it's only casual work. I wouldn't worry about it. Usually these organisations have alot of casuals come and go...

Lorina

Thanks a lot Lorina :) You have been very helpful :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 am

Go Enjoy, Experience and Learn!!

Lorina