Kindergarten teacher

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
natashaelise

Kindergarten teacher

Post by natashaelise » Mon May 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the go is with sessional kindergarten teacher salaries in Vic? I'm a Bachelor qualified (4 year) early childhood and primary teacher. If I were to teach one four year group (15 hours a week + 7.5 hours planning= 22.5 hours work), obviously it's considered part time. I'm aware that I'm not allowed to teach two four year old groups as this would be more than 40 hours and isn't allowed. If I just stuck to teaching the one group, how is the salary calculated? Is it per hour? Would I get sick pay, annual leave etc? Does anybody know approximately how much the pay is?

Thanks all,
Natasha

Lorina

Re: Kindergarten teacher

Post by Lorina » Tue May 12, 2015 5:43 am

Hi Natasha,

Like all wage matters this is a little complicated so bear with me...:lol: Since you're considered as an ECT you fall under the "Educational Services Teachers Award 2010" . If you are working part time it states the following within the award:
14.4 Part-time employee
A part-time employee will be paid pro rata, at the same rate as a full-time employee in the same classification, .

The full time employee rate salary is classified at different levels depending on how many years trained. From your post it seems like you're four year trained?

According to the award a 4 year trained will commence at Level 3, so minimum wage is $24.51/per hour.

Here is a copy of the Award for your reference:

[attachment=0]Educational_Services_Teachers_Award_Pay_Guide.rtf[/attachment]

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.