Job Opportunities For A Cert 3 Qualified Educator

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
phee

Job Opportunities For A Cert 3 Qualified Educator

Post by phee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,

i have been working in childcare for a year now as a casual assistant, i have completed my cert 3 and am so far loving the work. I just wanted to know where i could go from here - i don't really want to do a diploma because a few of the ladies i have spoken to have said that the extra few dollars an hour isn't worth the stress they have to deal with.
i know I'm no where near qualified to try for area manager or rating assessor or something like that.... But something like that is kinda what I'm looking for - i just don't know how to go about getting there. Any advise?

~Phee
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Job Opportunities For A Cert 3 Qualified Educator

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:49 am

Hi Phee,

As a cert 3 qualified educator you have the option of working in an LDC as an assistant or floater, in an OOSH (before and after school care) or in FDC as an educator (run your on FDC business from your own home). It really depends on what you want to do. You can either continue to work casually or find full time work in one of the above settings. With a cert 3 qualification you wont be able to run a room in an LDC since that's for Diploma qualified or be a co-ordinator etc. However, maybe if possible if you're interested you can look in FDC (family day care)...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Job Opportunities For A Cert 3 Qualified Educator

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:53 am

Also just wanted to add as a cert 3 qualified educator you also have the following options:

Nanny, Playgroup Supervisor, or Mobile Childcare Assistant

:geek:,
Lorina