Job Interview For Childcare Assistant Job

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
vlenka20

Job Interview For Childcare Assistant Job

Post by vlenka20 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi. I am still studying my Certificate III in early education and care and I have my first interview for childcare assistant job on Monday. Can you please help me, what are usually ask question and what should I expect? Thank you

Lorina

Re: Job Interview For Childcare Assistant Job

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:48 am

Even though you may not have had any experience and you are currently studying it's good to have a resume, so make sure you take your resume with you. Add to your resume any types of experience you've had with children as well as your current course that you are completing. The following article will also help:

Preparing For An Interview

Here are some more questions you may be asked:

Post by trixstubbs -

I've been going to Casual Childcare Interviews (Cert 3 and Diploma) this month and some of the questions they asked me were:

- What do I understand about Mandatory Reporting?
- What do I think is my role as a Casual? How can I take on this role when I arrive in a centre?
- My experience with challenging behaviour.
- My experience with challenging parents.
- Strengths / What can I contribute to a company / centre? So far, I haven't had an interviewer ask me about my weaknesses or what I want to improve on, but do prepare for this as well.
- What will I do when there is an injury or accident?
- Conflict Resolution
- How you work in a team? (How to tackle conflict within the team)
- Experience with children with additional needs

I think interview questioning these days are very focused on situations / scenarios - how to prevent, what to do during, what to do after, etc.

Ref:Job Interview For Casual Work

So, it's best to have a read through these questions and be prepared... Since you are currently a student they will understand you are continually learning but it also helps to be ready with what you may say during some of the questions, if they ask.

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina