Job after finishing 1st semester diploma

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
gaya

Job after finishing 1st semester diploma

Post by gaya » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi Lorina
I am doing my Diploma in Child Care Services from TAFE. I have completed my first semester completing all necessary modules for Certificate III. I am planning to finish the remaining 2 semesters part-time. Can I look for a job now? Will I get one? If yes, how should I mention that in my resume since I will not get a Cert III certificate? Thanks for the help.

Lorina

Re: Job after finishing 1st semester diploma

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:35 am

You may be able to get a job if you meet the following requirements for "actively working towards" your qualification.
A person who meets requirements 1 to 4 below may be counted as a certificate III qualified educator. They must also give the approved provider documentary evidence from their course provider that they meet requirements 2 to 4.

A person who meets all five requirements below may be counted as a diploma qualified educator. They must give the approved provider documentary evidence from their course provider that they meet requirements 2 to 5.

The requirements for actively working towards an approved qualification are:
-being enrolled in a course for the qualification
-having commenced the course
-making satisfactory progress towards completion
-meeting the requirements to maintain enrolment
-holding an approved certificate III qualification OR having completed the approved certificate III units OR having completed 30% of the units in an approved ECT qualification.
Actively Working Towards

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina