Is it true working in a childcare the sallary is really low ?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
maryalexandra

Is it true working in a childcare the sallary is really low ?

Post by maryalexandra » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 pm

I am studying towards Cert III and just got a job as a casual worker. So far i love what i am doing and i have no problem about it until i start meeting new people and they ask me about my job and i told them, then most of the people i have spoken too gave me a pity respond when they knew my job and getting a Cert III. They said very low income, shitty job, get treated not so nice at the work place, if i dream about buying a house and have a good life, holidays and better income for the future totally shouldnt get into a childcare career.

Can anyone here give me your opinion and experience anything that you know of as a childcare worker. I love this job but sometimes i feel down of what others been saying. Really hoping someone would comment here. Thanks !!

Lorina

Re: Is it true working in a childcare the sallary is really low ?

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:33 pm

First off, working with kids is a great job. Not everyone gets to make a difference in a child's life and we do make a big difference in their life. We are part of their childhood and we give them an opportunity to learn through everything they do.

As far as people not being nice to each other yes at some centres not all educators may agree or get on but it's like that with all jobs. Whether its woolies or bunnings it doesn't matter if you clash with someone you're going to clash but when working in a centre the kids make all that go away and you can forget about all the problems that may arise.

So I'd forget about what people say and ne thankful and happy that you do a job that makes you smile each day and you love what you do! Not everyone loves what they do and when you do it makes it all worthwhile!

Hope this gives you a smile!

:geek:,
Lorina