Interview procedure

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hr1516

Interview procedure

Post by hr1516 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi, I am new here but have following this site for some time. I have recently had my first ever interview in a centre. I was called back to have another interview with the HR manager and now I am going back for my 3rd interview with the Liscencee. I am both excited and anxious as I really would love this opportunity. Has anyone been through the same process? Is this a good sign? Any advice or tips welcome. Thank you

Lorina

Re: Interview procedure

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 am

Hi,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Going to your third round interview is a really good sign! The Licensee is the owner of the centre so they probably just want to meet with you. Have you had a look at the centre as yet? Tell them, that you're very keen on working at the centre and that you're really looking forward for this opportunity. They probably want to know a bit about you, your goals, etc. Don't stress too much over it, it seems like they are very interested in you so you have what they're looking for!

Fingers crossed!

:geek:,
Lorina

Jolene Nguyen

Post by Jolene Nguyen » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi ,

My name is Jolene and am doing diploma of childcare service in Canberra.Im scheduled to have an interview with KU tomorrow for part time position after processed through application submission stage and written respond ( after processed my application, they sent me a list of questions to answer). I'm just googling to get some ideas about an interview and found this site. Thank you guys so much for all your shared , really helpful for starters like me. I am an oversea student , English is my second language so i really feel not confident and ready for an interview yet but, i will finish my diploma course this December and I have no experience yet so i think it better to gain some before i finish , it helps me to get a full time job easier. I sent more than 10 resume and get 2 interviewed but failed. Both of them is because they need a full time staff which my visa is not allow me to do. But I still think like it because i didnt perform well. I didnt contact them to ask about their feedback.
The one i do tomorrow, they've already known that my visa is student visa , and theyre looking for a staff to work 20hrs/w. It's perfect position for me and i really want to get that job. It is about what i preform in the interview tmr that's why im so nervous now. Can any one tell me if i got a question I really dont know how to answer, should i say I dont know or just tell them what im thinking ? any advice for smart dressed and professional look?
Thank you very much!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi Jolene,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

For your interview tomorrow, if you don't know the answer to the question and it's related to EYLF, NQS and Regulation then I think you should say that you're not sure. You could tell them that you are currently studying your Diploma, you are learning about the EYLF and NQS, Regulations etc. and would really like this opportunity to gain knowledge and experience. For scenario based questions, such as dealing with a parent, or dealing with a child's behaviour then you have to answer those. They want to see what you will do in those situations. Every interview is different and during the interview it's OK to be nervous, it's natural. Take your time when answering the questions and let them know that you're a hard worker, be a good member of the team and will learn more as you complete your diploma and as you gain experience.

Best of Luck!!

Let me know how it goes,

Lorina

Jolene Nguyen

Post by Jolene Nguyen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Lorina ,

Thank you for your advises , I went to the interview today and i think it didnt go well. I applied for a part time position( 5days/week, 4hrs/day) in a KU centre which is not far from my house but they sent me to another KU for the interview and both directors of these 2 centres interviewed me.They took turn to ask me and I was a little bit overwhelm because of difficult questions. I went to 2 interviews before and both of them they just asked me some simple questions about myself and 3 or 4 specific scenarios. But today, they have A LOTS ,i was asked about everything( in each question, they asked me explain in general ideas before go detail into specific situations) : experience, children behaviors, children protection, occupation safety and health, how to build relationship with parents, how to work in a team ( what would you do if you're not agree with other people opinions), how can support children with special need ( disability) 1 question about mandatory reporters , i couldn't explained what are they ...empty mind at that moment, i just mentioned how I report children's incident/accident :( , how long will i take for the next placement , they said they will probably give me feedback next week but I knew that i failed already. My language was going away when i stepped into the room, i use " like" many times to explain what i mean.
well, anw, i will prepare more carefully and be ready for the next interview.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:52 am

Now that you've been to the interview you get an idea of what types of questions they are asking so as you said you can be better prepared for next time. Don't worry childcare is a big industry and there will be plenty of opportunities to work. You just have to find the right centre for you...

Lorina