Interview as a Cert 3 position... offered a Diploma Traineeship

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
frankie42

Interview as a Cert 3 position... offered a Diploma Traineeship

Post by frankie42 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:25 am

Hi,

I had an interview for a part time cert 3 position (which I'm fully qualified for)... After the interview I was offered the job but as a Diploma Traineeship.

Im just wondering what would be the best choice for me.

I understand that the government pays for the Diploma course as a trainee, but does that mean the wages go down? Im a bit confused because i read somewhere that the wages would be around $19/hr but then minus 20% as a trainee so you would only be earning around $15/hr....

In that case I think i'd prefer to pay for the course myself and do it via correspondence in my own time (which suits me more anyway)

Im also wondering why it wasn't brought up in the interview.... What would be the reason for this? I'm feeling a bit unsure about it all.

Can anyone help me understand a bit more?

Thank you.

frankie42

Re: Interview as a Cert 3 position... offered a Diploma Traineeship

Post by frankie42 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:30 am

Also, does a traineeship mean you are locked into the contract with that particular centre?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 18, 2016 6:24 pm

You mentioned you finished your cert 3, when did you finish it? It was my understanding that you couldn't do the traineeship because you have already completed the cert 3... Maybe it's changed.

With your wages, since you already have a cert 3, your traineeship wages shouldn't be as low as a cert 3 wage as you have completed a qualification already. As a Diploma trainee what position will you be?
Just so I can get an understanding of what your wage may be...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Yes, you will be locked into a contract with the centre as a trainee but if there are issues you can transfer your traineeship to another centre but that's the last resort as it is a bit of of a process...

:geek:,
Lorina