I Got The Job - Room Assistant

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

I Got The Job - Room Assistant

Post by ilovechildren » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:55 pm

wow so i am beyond stocked that i got my first full time job in childcare at an amazing centre.
My description is room assistant.
can anyone give me any tips on what i would do and any links to full description of room assistant?
anything will help
thanks everyone :)

Lorina

Re: I Got The Job - Room Assistant

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Congratulations! Your group interview must of went extremely well!

It's so exciting to be starting a new job! I'm sure you will love working in child care once you get into the swing of things!

The following article may have some useful strategies you can consider:

Childcare Worker Duties

Keep us updated on how your first week went!

:geek:,
Lorina

ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

Post by ilovechildren » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Thankyou so much Lorina :) I did well in the group interview i surprised myself but it sure did help seeing the link you sent me about group interviews because ive never been to one so thankyou again :)

It is a brand new centre and they said that on the first week we could be setting up the rooms + taking parents on tours. I am really nervous because i have not done anything like this before. I get really shy and stumble on what to do and my words. I really want to do well because its such an amazing company and i love children.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Wow, a brand new centre! That's fantastic! New rooms, new resources, all new staff! Love working at a new centre as you can be there at the start to steer it in the right direction and create a high standard... I understand it can be nerving to talk to parents but once you do a couple you get the hang of it... I added my response in the topic you created on parent inductions so yeah you can check those ideas out...

Enjoy!

:geek:,
Lorina