How to write Diploma Qualification (Equivalent) in Resume

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trixstubbs

How to write Diploma Qualification (Equivalent) in Resume

Post by trixstubbs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Hi Guys!

I'm new here and I've been reading the whole forum for days now. I'm learning so much and I'm really glad I found this site.

I need some help with my resume.
I have an ECT degree from overseas which is equivalent to diploma in children's services (did not have the birth to 2 yrs requirement) as assessed by ACECQA. How do I write that in my resume? I'm writing it like this for now, but I feel like I have to reiterate that this is just an equivalent.

Early Childhood Educator (Diploma Level Education and Care Qualification Equivalent) - Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority

Where do I place this in my resume as well? License and Registrations? How do you spell license here? I use american english spelling so I'm a bit confused.

Please help.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Lorina

Re: How to write Diploma Qualification (Equivalent) in Resume

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:35 am

Hi Trix,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Firstly when you lay out your resume, one of the first heading should be something like "qualifications", so employers can use this to verify what qualifications you have done. Since your qualification is only a "Diploma" you can't really state that you're an ECT on your resume. So for this, you can add the name of your ECT degree that you did overseas along with the organisation you did it with, then you could also add "Diploma Of Early Child Education and Care" - (as assessed by ACECQA). You could probably add the Diploma first on the list then the ECT degree underneath. This way these isn't any confusion about your qualification. During the interview as well, you can also mention it, if it comes up...

Hope this makes sense,

:geek:,
Lorina

trixstubbs

Post by trixstubbs » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Thanks a lot! :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:39 pm

I would put your actual qualification and then add assessed as XXXX level by ACECQA