How much do you get paid in Childcare? Open Discussion on Childcare Wages....

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Advocate

Re: How much do you get paid in Childcare? Open Discussion on Childcare Wages....

Post by Advocate » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks Lorina.

chrissy river

Re: How much do you get paid in Childcare? Open Discussion on Childcare Wages....

Post by chrissy river » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:40 pm

My 17 year old daughter has just started a childcare traineeship. She works 10 hours a day 5 days a week and has been told she will be paid $8 an hour. Is this right? Seems like slave labour.

tiff.biziak

Post by tiff.biziak » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm

What is the average pay rate for working in a preschool with a completed cert 3 ☺

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:40 am

chrissy river wrote:My 17 year old daughter has just started a childcare traineeship. She works 10 hours a day 5 days a week and has been told she will be paid $8 an hour. Is this right? Seems like slave labour.

Is your daughter continuing on at school?

Did your daughter complete year 10? 11?? 12?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:41 am

chrissy river wrote:My 17 year old daughter has just started a childcare traineeship. She works 10 hours a day 5 days a week and has been told she will be paid $8 an hour. Is this right? Seems like slave labour.
Did I read that right... she works 50 hours per week???

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:53 am

tiff.biziak wrote:What is the average pay rate for working in a preschool with a completed cert 3 ☺

Full time or casual?

When did you complete your cert 3 qualifcation?

Lorina

stelala

Post by stelala » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Thank you for sharing everyone, I am new in the industry and feel as though if I were to ask what the "normal" rate is in any industry falls in a taboo subject. I've tried to do some research online but could not find any definite. Big Help !!

misskitten81

Post by misskitten81 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Salary. The average pay for an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) is AU$23.91 per hour.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:50 pm

stelala wrote:Thank you for sharing everyone, I am new in the industry and feel as though if I were to ask what the "normal" rate is in any industry falls in a taboo subject. I've tried to do some research online but could not find any definite. Big Help !!

It depends really on your qualification and full time/casual work. Obviously working as a casual gets you a lot more money than full-time work...

For example:

- a cert 3 qualification starts at $21.29 (full time) and $26.61 (casual)
- a diploma qualification starts at $25.08 (full time) and $31.35 (casual)

The full-time rate changes yearly as well based on your qualification level and Fair Work Australia increases wages every July 01.

Hope this helps!

Lorina