Highest rate of pay for ECT through casual agency

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
lisa88

Highest rate of pay for ECT through casual agency

Post by lisa88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi there,

I just stumbled across this forum and think its fantastic the support that educators are giving one another in our profession.

I have just resigned from my position as a fulltime diploma educator from a community, not for profit centre located in Sydney as I wish to focus on my studies.

I just finished (literal, confirmed yesterday) my 3 year ECT degree and will look to focus on my graduate diploma in Psychology over the next year.

I am looking for casual work but am not sure which agency to go with, and that which pays the highest rate of pay for an ECT. I have previously worked for Pulse, Hays and McArthur but as a Diploma trained educator.

I don't know anyone working in agencies so I can't find the answer.

If anyone could help me out by giving me an idea of the rates of pay for ECT's for Pulse, Hays and McArthur I would be so grateful.

Thank you,
L88

Lorina

Re: Highest rate of pay for ECT through casual agency

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

As an ECT, your wages will be taken from the Educational Services Teachers Award 2010. I can't tell you which agency provides the highest amount of pay rate but I can give you the information to work out how much you're supposed to be getting. From here, you can work out your hourly wage and then try to find out which agency gives you the best amount of pay.

Based on a casual basis, in the Award it states:

14.5 Casual employee

(a) The salary payable to a casual employee will be:
(i) no higher than the salary at Level 8 in clause 14.1 where the employee is engaged for less than five consecutive days; or
(ii) where the employee is engaged for five or more consecutive days the salary will be the appropriate salary for the classification as specified in clause 13—Classifications,calculated in accordance with the table below:

Full day
Weekly rate calculated in accordance with clause 14.3 divided by 5 plus 25%
Half day
Weekly rate calculated in accordance with clause 14.3 divided by 10 plus 25%
Quarter day
Weekly rate calculated in accordance with clause 14.3 divided by 20 plus 25%

(b) Provided that:
(i) a casual employee in a school will be paid for a minimum of half a day; where a day is the usual required attendance time for an employee at that school and a half day is half the usual required attendance time; and
(ii) a casual employee in a children’s service or early childhood education service may be paid for a minimum of a quarter day.

The salary in clause 14.3 is as follows:

Per Year
Level 1 - $45,686
Level 2 - $46,628
Level 3 - 47,896
Level 4 - 49,624
Level 5 - $51,354
Level 6 - $52,962
Level 7 - $54,572
Level 8 - $56,300

Ref: Educational Services Teachers Award 2010

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:29 pm

I also just wanted to add the following information so you can work out which level you will most likely be on:
(a) An employee who is three year trained will commence on Level 1 of the salary scale in clause 14—Minimum salary and progress according to normal years of service to Level 12 of the scale.

(b) An employee who is four year trained will commence on Level 3 of the salary scale in clause 14 and progress according to normal years of service to Level 12.

(c) An employee who is five year trained will commence on Level 4 of the salary scale in clause 14 and progress according to normal years of service to Level 12 of the scale.

(d) All other teachers and two year trained teachers as defined in clause 3.1 will commence on Level 1 of the salary scale in clause 14 and progress according to normal years of service to a maximum of Level 5.

:geek:,
Lorina

lisa88

Post by lisa88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi Lorina,

The information you have provided is great :D

Thank you

Lisa