Hard to decide which centre?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Moto

Hard to decide which centre?

Post by Moto » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I just completed my Diploma last month and I got casual work from my workplace too. Firstly, i got pay $30.65 as a qualified Diploma staff. I work 5days/w
I have been working in the centre 2 weeks, then I ve applied on seek website another centre as permanent position.

Im so lucky because I got 2 offer permanent work as 1 is partime permanent: level 3.4 and pay rate $23.21.
In my old centre they also offer me full time permanent in baby room too as full time permanent:4.1= 24.28

Im really hard to decide at the moment. I live in Ascot Vale, my old centre in Avondale Heights and my new one in Braybrook.

The centre in Braybrook is the new centre. We just granted open yesterday. This centre is quiet far from my house. It took me 1.20' by transport public. And other thing if I work here I need to build up everything because we just start.
The centre in Avondale Heights not too far from my place. I think i should choose this one to stay but if I work here, I must to work early shift( 6.30 am)/ late shift(6.30pm finish) and other shift start 7.30-4
They said they need to have a staff to open and close centre so that why they offer me. Because other staffs they all start 9-5.30 or 8.30-5. If I work in baby room i dont have any choice.

Im so stressful. Both centre ask me to give them an answer next week. Pls anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks a lot.

Lorina

Re: Hard to decide which centre?

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Congratulations on both of your job positions! Very exciting!

Just readiing through your siutation and I noticed that one centre is offering you a position at Level 3.4 - this is a diploma assistant position and the other centre is offering you a position at LEvel 4.1 - this is a room leader position. So, you need to decide what position would you like to take rather than which one is closer to you (although that plays an important pasrt as well). Would you like to be a room leader or would you like to an assistant that's basically what it comes down to...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Have you accepted a position yet? Or are you still deciding?

Lorina

Moto

Post by Moto » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:53 am

Hi Lorina,

Thanks for your response. Yes, i work in Braybrook, my new centre at the moment. But I just got 1day work next week because we dont have many children. I think we be fine.
Im so upset with my old centre. The director s so rude. Thats a long story.
Anw, i also work for Mc Arthur agency. I just want to take some more experiences in my career.
Keep trying and hopefully I be better then.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:36 pm

It's good you went with your gut feeling and left your old centre. If the directors so rude to you then it's no point putting your heart and soul into that centre for nothing! Sometimes after all the effort you put in, you get no appreciation not even a thank you and it leaves you thinking what was all that work for? Unfortunately from all the stories I've heard just on this forum itself, not all directors appreciate their staff and it's a lot to deal with... It was the right decision for you!

A new centre has it's big advantages as you can steer the direction of the centre with the support staff. Plus new resources and materials so it's good!

No regrets!

Lorina