Group Interview

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Nina Q. Huynh

Group Interview

Post by Nina Q. Huynh » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a group assessment/interview for a childcare centre coming up, however I'm really nervous and not sure what to expect. I have a fear of public speaking as well which doesn't really help either :sweating: . Can anyone give me any advice or tips on what to expect for childcare group assessments?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lorina

Re: Group Interview

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:29 am

Hi Nina,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I'm not sure what you mean... Do you have a presentation to do in a centre? Are you having an interview? Is your teacher coming to assess you during work placement? So many possibilities! LOL! :giggle:

Let me know so I can advise,

:geek:,
Lorina

Nina Q. Huynh

Post by Nina Q. Huynh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Lorina :wave: ,

Sorry! I was unclear. I have already done my one on one interview and was asked to come in for a second interview. My second interview is a group assessment consisting of other potential candidates who have also passed their one on one interview. The description said we will be doing fun activities.. but I'm not really sure what to expect as I have never been to a child care group interview before. And I'm insanely nervous because I have a fear of ublic speaking!! :sweating:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:23 am

Very interesting way of conducting interviews! I've actually never heard of this before... I don't think that they will make you stand up and talk in front of everyone I think it's more to see how you interact with others, etc. The activities will probably based on children's learning and I'm sure it will be a great experience for you. Just be yourself and have fun!

Let me know how it goes!

Good Luck!

Lorina

Nina Q. Huynh

Post by Nina Q. Huynh » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 am

Hi Lorina! :wave:

With the group interview we were asked to talk about ourselves, then were split into groups and had half an hour to design a learning space, then 15 minutes to present it in front of everyone (lucky there was only a small group of us).
I was so nervous!!! Went well because I got a full time job offer! :thumbup: I'm over the moon and so excited! :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Congratulations on your new job!! That's fantastic news! Awesome Job!! :clap:

Your interview sounds very interesting! Thanks for getting back to me and I wish you all the best for your new job!

Enjoy it, learn lots and have fun! :D

Lorina