Government incentives for training

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Cellis16

Government incentives for training

Post by Cellis16 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi
I have just recently moved to WA from the ACT. In the ACT my diploma in early years from the UK was both recognised in early years and over preschool age, while here in WA it wasn't recognised in either. I appealed against the over pre school age and the decision was overturned, but they refuse to overturn the early years one and have classed it equivient to a Cert 111.
I would like to be diploma qualified but after being in the industry for over 20 years I'm reluctant to pay the high cost of the course.
Does anybody know whether the government has any incentives for centres/educators to obtain their diploma while in the workplace?
Thank you in advance
Carol

Lorina

Re: Government incentives for training

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:15 pm

An option you have is to do a traineeship for your Diploma which enables you to work and study at the same time within your centre.

A traineeship is training which has been approved by the relevant State training authority and meets the requirements of a training package, developed by the relevant Industry Skills Council. When you have completed the traineeship you will receive an AQF certificate level qualification. Employed as a trainee, you undertake a traineeship under a training contract.

Here is some more information:

Childcare Traineeship Wages and Conditions

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:25 pm

Also, since you have so much experience in the field you should be able to apply for RPL (recognition of prior learning) for part of your qualification. This means you provide evidence that you have experience/knowledge within the specific unit and you can use this to complete it rather than complete the necessary assignments. So, if you are considering doing a traineeship you may be able to RPL a few units. Although you will have to check this with the course provider you will be doing your studies through...

Gaining RPL In A Childcare Qualification

A centre will usually advertise if they are looking for someone to start a traineeship with them...

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Lorina

Cellis16

Post by Cellis16 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi Lorina
Thank you for your reply , I will look into both options.
Carol

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 pm

You're welcome! :thumbup:

Lorina