Gaining A Sponsorship Visa From My Centre

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Jolene Nguyen

Gaining A Sponsorship Visa From My Centre

Post by Jolene Nguyen » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:45 am

Hi,

Im holding student visa at the moment and employed to work in a new opened centre last month. They asked me if im after sponsorship when I finish my diploma course ( this December) before I came in for an interviewed and offered me casual job ( 20hrs/w) then.The Director said she can give me sponsorship after I worked there 1 week and Im over the moon now. But im not sure about what I need to do to apply for a sponsorship visa, the centre will help me do it or I need to apply myself? what i need to prepare , what documents? Is there anyone did that before can give me some advices please?
Thanks!!!

trixstubbs

Re: Sponsorship

Post by trixstubbs » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:01 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I think your employer should be the one doing this. They should apply to DIAC to be a sponsor for overseas worker. It's the 457 visa.
Definitely check out the immigration website. Congratulations and best of luck! :)

Lorina

Re: Gaining A Sponsorship Visa From My Centre

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Congratulations!

Here is some information on the Visa (457). It will give you information on the documents you needs, what you need to do etc.

Temporary Work - Skilled Visa

:geek:,
Lorina

Georgina8319

Post by Georgina8319 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Congrats! I'm actually willing to study diploma as well but I thought I wouldn't be able to get any sponsorship unless I study a bachelor degree? Is that true?! Can anyone recommend me what is better?!

kekasalas

Post by kekasalas » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:37 pm

If you are in Sydney im no sure you can get a sponsor with only a diploma