FDC to Childcare Centre

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ProverbialPaul

FDC to Childcare Centre

Post by ProverbialPaul » Fri May 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Hello everyone.

Just a quick query, does anyone know exactly what would be required to turn a FDC setup in to a Childcare centre?

Example: 1 person looks after 4 children in a house that they own as a FDC setup. What licences/registrations would then be required to start hiring staff and taking on more children?

I'm really only thinking about the government side of things here and not health/safety related items because that information is easily accessible but I am getting lost and going round in circles looking at council/government sites.

Thanks in advance.

Lorina

Re: FDC to Childcare Centre

Post by Lorina » Sun May 03, 2015 3:43 am

Since you already have an FDC you already have "provider and service approval" from the regulatory authority (ACECQA) so since your service will be changing from FDC to LDC you will probably need to resubmit the "service approval" application with the changes required. You can do this through ACECQA. You will also be assessed beforehand to see if you have sufficient space, facilities, resources, equipment, safety procedures etc. in order to run your LDC setting. Looking after more children means you need to have more space for the number of children you are expected to have. So, if you don't have sufficient space then an LDC setting isn't going to work. However, this all can be verified through your assessment.

The best way to start is to contact ACECQA directly and have a chat with them about your intentions and they will verify what process to take...

Contacting ACECQA

Good Luck and I hope you have a smooth transition into LDC,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 03, 2015 3:47 am

Forgot to mention - I unlocked your topic so others can reply... Locking it prevents others from adding their response...

Lorina

ProverbialPaul

Post by ProverbialPaul » Sun May 03, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Lorina

Thanks for that.

I actually found all of the information I required after posting the thread :/

I don't know how I didn't find it all beforehand. Kind of embarassing when I realised how easy the info was to access.

Thanks again though, I appreciate your help.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 04, 2015 4:29 am

No problem! Some times the answers are staring right at us! Lol!

Would you mind sharing some info for others who may be interested...

Lorina