FDC Insurance

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Nic_1285

FDC Insurance

Post by Nic_1285 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi, I'm new here (lurked for over a year and this is my first post).

I currently work as a co-educator in FDC (working in my co-educator's house) and am in the process of starting up my own FDC in my house.
We are renting the house we live in, and our landlord is happy for us to start up the FDC but is having trouble with their building and landlord insurance as they cannot find a company which will insure them when the tenant is running a home based business.
Has anyone else been in this situation and knows of which companies do insure in these circumstances??? Any info would be greatly appreciated as if we can get their insurance sorted out we are good to go!
I will be using Family Day Care Australia to purchase my own insurance but I'm not sure if they can also provide insurance for the landlord...

Thanks!
Nic

Lorina

Re: FDC Insurance

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:33 am

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Great to hear that you are able to start up your own FDC in your rental place! Some landlords are not that convinced for their tenants to use their place for business so it's good that yours is. I had a look around and I happen to come across what your after from Family Day Care Australia itself.

Tenants That Care

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A