Family Day Care Scheme

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ahmadsharif

Family Day Care Scheme

Post by ahmadsharif » Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 pm

I am interested to open a Family Day Care Scheme (not a home-based Family Day Care) in Melbourne. Can anyone please let me know about a consultant in Vic/Melbourne who can help me set up a scheme.
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Family Day Care Scheme

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:58 am

I have been trying to find some information for you but havent happened to come across anything specific for setting up a scheme itself. Maybe it's best to enquiry with your states Regulatory Authority they may be able to provide you with more information:

Regulatory Authority

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:59 am

You can also contact:

Family Day Care Australia

Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi Ahmadsharif,
It might be an idea to wait just a bit to see how the government actually changes the funding to the FDC schemes. No one is sure as yet as to what they are going to do and how many cuts are going to be made. There is talk up here that a lot of schemes will close due to funding being pulled and some might have to amalgamate.
Good luck anyway
Linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 am

linsaa fdc wrote:Hi Ahmadsharif,
It might be an idea to wait just a bit to see how the government actually changes the funding to the FDC schemes. No one is sure as yet as to what they are going to do and how many cuts are going to be made. There is talk up here that a lot of schemes will close due to funding being pulled and some might have to amalgamate.
Good luck anyway
Thanks Linsaa for adding your suggestion as an experienced FDC educator! Appreciate it!

Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Your welcome Lorina.
Actually I have just found out yesterday that only the outback schemes here in QLD will be getting any form of funding.
As of yesterday my scheme will be increasing the parent levy from 75 cents per hour per child to $1.50, a 100% increase.
And the Educator levy which was $5 a week is going up to 5% of our before tax, expenses etc pay. For me that will be a 1300% increase.
Yes that figure is correct. Not happy and I am changing schemes now.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:23 am

Sorry to hear Linsaa! Hopefully you'll be able to find a fairer scheme! Seriously what is the government doing? So unfair!

Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:50 am

I think the Government wants to run all FDC out of business and keep everything in centres.
I have another scheme coming out today, they are smaller without so many over heads.
They will be charging in the new year .95 cent an hour per child parent levy and $15 a week Educator levy, it's still a 300% increase for me but I can justify that.
That will be only a 20cent an hour increase for my families. One Educator contacted me yesterday so upset. She has a family of children in care with her and she worked out that their parent levy alone for 1 week without any fees will cost them $180, that's madness and no matter what they say to justify it.
They might find so many will leave that they will have to close shop anyway.
Have a great day

Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Post by Lillypad88 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:58 am

Have there been any further updates on the schemes in Sydney? Any funding cuts in 2016?