Employment issues

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Akg1

Re: Employment issues

Post by Akg1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Thankyou both Lorina and Leenie :)
My confidence has definitely been boosted and I feel that maybe I should try and take on a position higher than what I feel I am capable. My teacher always said to me she felt I had the skills to easily run a room in a centre it's just my quiet personality I struggle with (I don't like stepping on other peoples toes).
The motivational stuff is also great advice :) I look up to my mum very much as she has always worked challenging jobs, she has done counselling, she just finished teaching at special education school and is now beginning a new career at docs, she has also worked in a role where she had to support children as witnesses in court, if she can do all that I'm sure I have some of her courage to run a room in a childcare centre :)
Thankyou again it is really nice to hear from people who genuinely care and have wonderful advice :)

Lorina

Re: Employment issues

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:39 am

It's always a little nerving to take on a new job role, especially when we haven't got any experience from it yet. You've done your qualification so you got the knowledge, now you just need to put all that knowledge into action. You're not alone! The educators and the director at the centre will be there to guide you. You will learn as you go and after a few weeks you'll find your feet. If you have any doubts, always ask and if you don't know don't worry,you'll learn. You got to start somewhere.

Leenie suggested another topic on interview questions. Here it is:

Job Interview

This will give you an idea on what type of questions may be asked. You can also check out the article I added in the above topic as it will also help with types of questions they may ask for a Diploma position.

I'm sure you'll be fine!

:geek:,
Lorina