ECT educator as approved by ACECQA

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Taran Dhonsi

ECT educator as approved by ACECQA

Post by Taran Dhonsi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:34 am

Hi, I am a student having double Masters' in childcare and presently pursuing Ph.d in childcare. I want to be an ECT educator and want to study online, is that possible and is the Masters' degree of Teaching of University of England approved by ACECQA? Thanks

Lorina

Re: ECT educator as approved by ACECQA

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:27 pm

You can use ACECQA's approved qualification checker to see if your degree is approved by them.

Approved Qualifications

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:34 pm

I had a look at the Approved Qualifications list and I can't find the Masters Degree of Teaching from the University of New England. There are Masters of teaching degrees that have been approved but not specific to the University of New England.

I have sent an enquiry a few days ago to ACECQA regarding a qualification that doesn't appear on the approved list (different course provider) and what that means... I'll be happy to share this information with you once I hear back.

You may have to contact them directly to find out...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Sorry one more thing.

It does mention the following:

Individuals

If you hold a qualification that is not on ACECQA's list of approved educator qualifications, you should determine if you were recognised as a qualified educator under a former education and care services law for the state or territory that you worked in prior to 1 January 2012. If you were recognised as a qualified educator, you will continue to be recognised. If you need to seek advice on recognition under former laws, please contact your regulatory authority.

Before contacting your regulatory authority, please ensure that you have thoroughly checked ACECQA’s list of approved educator qualifications, including the former approved qualifications included in the list, and attempted to determine whether you are recognised as a qualified educator under a former law.

If you do not hold a qualification on ACECQA’s list of approved educator qualifications and you were not recognised as a qualified educator under a former education and care services law, you can apply to ACECQA to have your qualification(s) assessed for equivalence.

Ref: Qualifications

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Taran Dhonsi

Post by Taran Dhonsi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Thanks a lot Lorina. Even I am confused because the other day I was inquiring about the educational providers as approved by ACECQA but the director of my work place mentioned that I can do ECT from any institute.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:50 pm

However not all ECT's degrees are on the approved list and what happens then? ACECQA hasn't really mentioned that. If you have a Masters In Teaching and it's approved by University of Sydney and not from University of New England even though it is the same degree different uni - what does that mean and why hasn't it been approved from the University of New England ... That's what I'm trying to find out...

Very confusing all this!

Lorina

Taran Dhonsi

Post by Taran Dhonsi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:57 pm

True that is so confusing. I mean the course is same, curriculum is same that why not. :o

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:29 am

I know! ACECQA said they would take a minimum 5 days to respond so now it's a waiting game... I'll wait a couple more days before I follow up...

Lorina