Early childhood teacher wage?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
lazno

Early childhood teacher wage?

Post by lazno » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi,
I am looking at moving into working at Long day care. I have a Bacehlor of early childhood education.
I have looked at the pay rate document but can't work out what level a 4 year trained teacher starts on.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Early childhood teacher wage?

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:04 am

Since you're an ECT your wage would be from the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010. As a 4 year trained teacher, you will commence on Level 3 and your minimum yearly wage is $41,558/per year.

Here is the Award information for your reference:

[attachment=0]ect_award.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lazno

Post by lazno » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Wow I'm not surprised teachers don't want to work in childcare. That's about $21 per hour.
You really need to do it for the love of it!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 am

Yeah, you're right Lazno! For the amount of study, work and responsibility that is put on the shoulders of all educators in early childhood (no matter the qualification), the pay isn't that great compared to simpler and easier jobs available! For most of us, it's not about the money...

:geek:,
Lorina