Does Cert 3 expire

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
AlannaAnn

Does Cert 3 expire

Post by AlannaAnn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi, I completed my Cert 3 in Children's Serices in 2009 whilst pregnant with my first child. I now have 3 children so have been a sahm since 2009 and have not worked as yet in childcare. As my children are growing up I'd like to begin my career in childcare.
I was wondering if my Cert 3 expires at all, do I have to do a refresher course or something?
My first aid certificate is expired, so I do know I have to redo that...
I'd like to study the diploma eventually maybe in a few years, but feeling really eager to start work now

Lorina

Re: Does Cert 3 expire

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 am

Welcome back to the industry! It seems like you have been extremely busy with your 3 children so that gives you a great warm up to working in a service! In regards to your qualification, expiring you will need to check the Qualifications List on the ACECQA website:

Qualification List

This will help you to determine if you can continue to use your qualification or if you need to re-do it etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Does Cert 3 expire

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:21 am

If you are thinking about doing the Diploma course, the cert 3 qualification is embedded into it, so by any chance that your qualification isn;t accepted you can do the Diploma course and hopefully get credit towards some of the units you had completed in 2009. A lot has changed since then, in terms of laws, regulations, standards, frameworks etc. so the qualifications are now geared towards that. If your qualification is accepted which is great! You will need to get up to date on what's been happening in the industry. So, let me know how you go and I can get you some information to read...

:geek:,
Lorina