Coordinator in a family day care scheme

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Abit

Coordinator in a family day care scheme

Post by Abit » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:02 am

Dear ,
I working in day care more than 6yrs, now an family day care scheme offer me a coordinator role , even though I have no driving licence they said its Ok , my friends are saying that it is high risk to work in family day care scheme , if any educator did wrong , you are answerable . I like admin work , very scared and confused - I need help ?? pls

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Coordinator in a family day care scheme

Post by linsaa fdc » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Abit,
I have been a FDC Educator for 17 years now. It doesn't matter where we work in childcare we are all answerable whether it is in a centre or in FDC. In FDC we do all support each other and if you are unsure ask. I don't think you would have been offered a job there if they didn't think you were good for the role.
All the best
linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:01 am

I think it's a great opportunity for you to develop you skills and to work outside your comfort zone. You may feel a little anxious now but as Linsaa said if you weren't capable you wouldn't have been offered the position. I think you should go for it and enjoy the challenges. It will be a great learning curve and there will always be someone there to assist and support you if you're ever in doubt!

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina

Abit

Post by Abit » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks Linsaa and Lorina for your reply , this gives me confident to take this role! thanks heaps.

Maja1110

Post by Maja1110 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Can any one help to find Role of educator?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:45 am

Abit wrote:Thanks Linsaa and Lorina for your reply , this gives me confident to take this role! thanks heaps.
That's great! Good Luck with your new role and enjoy it! Should be a great year for you!

:geek:,
Lorina