Confused!!! help please

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
tacita14

Confused!!! help please

Post by tacita14 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Hey guys,

I have thinking of changing my line to try to get into Childcare. Ive called up different institutes to try to do a Cert 3 online. Ive spoken to one of my friends and she said its best to contact a day care centre and ask if they are offering traineeships. I have no issues with studying but cant adjust to fact that i have 3 months of Practicals at some point in which I wont get paid. I also feel by studying I wont be guaranteed a job straight away. What is the best approach? I need to be working full-time so as to pay my Mortgage. I don't want to make any mistakes or waste any time. Please Help

Lorina

Re: Confused!!! help please

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 pm

I would recommend going straight for the Diploma Of Early Childhood Education and Care rather than a cert 3. The diploma has units of the cert 3 embedded into it so you wont need to complete the cert 3 first to get to the Diploma. You can still go for the cert 3 but if your aim is to do the Diploma rather than waste a year you can start off with it.

Since you haven't been in childcare before you may find some of the assignments a little challenging since everything is new to you. They might be challenging but they are not impossible to complete and you may just need to find more information and do more research to gain a better understanding of what the questions are asking. With the support of your course provider and us here I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

Yes with all childcare qualifications you will need to complete practical hours as part of your assessments and no you won't be paid for it unfortunately. You can still do a diploma traineeship (like the cert 3) or you can look at doing casual work while completing your qualification.

There are so many different course providers offering online courses so you will have a ton of options to choose from. You just need to find the one that suits you...

Let me know if you have anymore questions,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Forgot to add... a Cert 3 enables you to work as an assistant role within a room where as a Diploma qualified you will be able to run your own room...

Lorina

tacita14

Post by tacita14 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Thank you so much Lorina Im feeling more confident :) let the studies begin

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:25 pm

It's great to hear such enthusiasm! :thumbup:

Lorina